Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) is a newly launched 4 years (8 semesters) course of Tribhuvan University faculty of management. Each semester constitute of 16 weeks of intensive study. The program covers 120 credit hours. Students who want to enroll for BBM Program must pass the CMAT examination. The Times Int’l College offers BBM Program in affiliation to Tribhuvan University.
The BBM program of Faculty of Management, Tribhuvan University is designed for aspiring business leaders and managers of the future. The BBM graduates are equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills and self-confidence to assist in effective and successful management, within constantly changing and highly competitive national and global business environment. This course has been designed with the objective of producing managerial manpower in the sectoral areas.
Why study BBM at The Times ?
BBM program is designed with the following objectives:
• To develop students’ skills in creative thinking,decision making, leadership, communication, and gain understanding of operations and change.
• To develop students’ understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation, and effective management of businessoperations in a dynamic business environment.
• To prepare students for professional life to work as business manager and entrepreneur.
• To inculcate true business spirit and management values in students.
• To motivate and train our students to think digital and go digital.
• To strive to cultivate high degree of entrepreneurship, sound work ethos and ethics in our students.
• To have managed placement and job opportunities of our fresh graduates.
• To organize project visits, industry visits, talk programs motivational programs, computer based accounting packages, statistical packages etc. with a view to developing the managerial caliber of our students.
• To organize regular case studies, ethnographic studies, focus group discussions, action researches, various seminars and symposiums, presentation trainings, proposal development and report writing trainings etc to develop our students into true 21st century professionals.
• To boost social interaction skills, leadership, self confidence and self discipline of our students.
Scope and Career Prospects
BBM like other management course has very promising scopes. The BBM graduates are enrolled in almost all sectors. One can be saleable in the most of the work place after the completion of BBM degree. BBM graduates can work in different positions, which are as follows.
· Business Consultants
· Business Management professional
· Business Researcher
· Finance Managers
· Human Resource Manager
· Information Systems Managers
· Management Accountants
· Marketing Managers
· Production Managers
· Research and Development Managers
Not only are this, students willing to pursue higher study in MBA or MBM are also highly benefitted by the course structure of BBM. This course is also favorable for those who are interested in going abroad.
The BBM program is based on the student-centered learning approach. The general teaching methodology of the program includes interactive lectures, students’ presentations, case studies, and projects. The teaching faculty shall determine the appropriate teaching-learning methods suitable for each course.
The BBM program is an intensive professional program. This program demands a very high level of commitment from students. Students are required to attend regularly all classes and presentations as required by the course. Students failing to attend 80 % of classes shall not be allowed to appear in the semester-end examinations.
Examination and Evaluation
The performance of students will be evaluated through ongoing in-semester evaluations and semester-end examinations. The FOM shall have the final authority in conducting, evaluating and awarding grades in semester-end examinations. The course facilitator (instructor) shall decide the grades in the in-semester evaluations.
Normal and Maximum Duration of Study
The normal duration and the maximum duration for the completion of the requirements for the various programs are as follows:
Normal duration 48 months (8 semesters)
Maximum duration 96 months (16 semesters)
Failing in Course
Students who do not qualify to appear in the semester-end examinations will have to reregister and retake the course as per the semester cycle. Students who are qualified but fail to appear in the semester-end examinations or fail in the semester-end examination can appear in make-up examinations as per the semester cycle. FOM shall organize chance make-up examinations in the last semester only where a student may appear in 6 courses of the earlier three semesters.
The BBM program extends over eight semesters (four academic years). The BBM degree is awarded upon its successful completion of all the following requirements specified by the curriculum.
The successful completion of 120 credit hours as prescribed with a minimum of passing grade in all courses with CGPA of 2.00.
A minimum of grade ‘C’ obtained in the Project Report Writing or Internship.
Completed all the course requirements as specified in the curricular structure section within the maximum time period specified in the normal and maximum duration of the study section.
Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from recognized academic institute with second division (securing 45% and above) or 1.8 CGPA are eligible to enroll in this program.
Students applying for the BBM program must fill in the application blank with all details of their personal information and past academic records. The selection of students shall be based on a three-stage screening process that includes written test, individual presentation and personal interview.
FOM shall conduct a Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) that will test the basic ability of the students in verbal ability and quantitative ability. The test shall be based on the SAT format. The colleges running the program shall conduct the individual presentations and interviews for selecting suitable candidates. The admission committee of the colleges has the final authority in selecting the students for the BBM program.
Admissions of the students in BBM program of Tribhuvan University will be strictly on the basis of merit list. Merit list is prepared on the basis of:
60% of CMAT Entrance examination
30% of marks secured in percentage in plus two or equivalent
BBM Course Structure